The following table gives a summary of the revisions made to the September 2011 quarter GDP.
|September 2011 quarter
||Revised (percentage change from last quarter)
|| Previously published (percentage change from last quarter)
|Production measure of GDP
|Expenditure measure of GDP
A number of revisions were incorporated into GDP for the September 2011 quarter. Details of these revisions are discussed below.
Production measure of GDP:
- Agriculture has been revised due to the incorporation of new benchmarks from the Agricultural Production Statistics: June 2011 (provisional) release.
- Updated source data resulted in revisions to the forestry and logging; manufacturing; electricity, gas, and water; wholesale trade; and transport and storage components.
- Education was revised due to the incorporation of new annual benchmarks.
- Finance and insurance was revised as a result of the methodology used to calculate value added in the finance and insurance industry.
Expenditure measure of GDP:
- Household consumption expenditure was revised due to updated source data for electricity and fringe benefits.
- Central government final consumption expenditure was revised due to updated source data for sales and intermediate consumption.
- Inventories were revised due to the incorporation of new benchmarks from the Agricultural Production Statistics: June 2011 (provisional) release, and updated source data for manufacturing and distribution inventories.
- Gross fixed capital formation was revised due to updated source data for residential building; non-residential building; plant, machinery, and equipment; and other construction.
- Imports and exports of goods and services were revised due to updated overseas trade and balance of payments data.